DmC: Devil May Cry | Hype Thread | 8.0 (360) 7.5 (PS3) | Out Today On PC!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#1 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Best if viewed with the black background

dante_dmc_banner_by_noctis_san-d5bmrgm.p

create.php?text=WELCOME%20TO%20THE%20DMC

create.php?text=HYPE%20THREAD&name=punk%

create.php?text=...NEITHER%20%20HUMAN%2C

DmC-Devil-May-Cry.jpg?cda6c1

create.php?text=GAMESPOT%20OFFICIAL%20RE

2ni46rd.jpg

create.php?text=hype%20met&name=punk%20k

create.php?text=8&name=punk%20kid.ttf&si

^Click^

create.php?text=PS3%20Version%20-%207.5%

create.php?text=INFORMATION&name=punk%20

create.php?text=SYSTEMS&name=punk%20kid.create.php?text=xbox%20360%20%20ps3%20%2

create.php?text=RELEASE%20DATE&name=punkcreate.php?text=JANUARY%2015TH%2C%202%3A

create.php?text=DEVELOPER&name=punk%20kicreate.php?text=NINJA%20THEORY&name=punk

create.php?text=PUBLISHER&name=punk%20kicreate.php?text=CAPCOM&name=punk%20kid.t

create.php?text=SYNOPSIS&name=punk%20kid

Revisit the iconic protagonist, Dante, and other familiar faces of the Devil May Cry franchise and discover the early years that helped define his struggles. Travel with your guide, Kat, whose special psychic abilities allow her access to the demon realm, Limbo. Kat is the right-hand girl to the mysterious leader of The Order a small group of freedom fighters trying to end the demon occupation of the human world. The Order needs one more recruit to help wipe out the demons Dante. Enjoy the same stylish action and fluid combat you've come to expect with a game that perfectly complements the franchise's intense combat and features superb character design, storytelling and cinematics. Battle in intense and iconic sword- and gun-based combat with all-new weapons designed to send each demonic spawn you encounter back to Hell. Use Dante's Angel and Demon powers to chain together ground-based and aerial combos and achieve the best style rankings. Experience what it means to be both Angel and Demon, and show the world the wrath of an outcast.

create.php?text=FEATURES&name=punk%20kid

Learn Dante's story through a gripping narrative that takes you back in time to the early years.Join Dante on his mission through Limbo with Kat, medium and right hand to the leader of The Order, who risks her life to help guide Dante on his mission.

Use Dante's Angel and Demon powers to transform his Rebellion sword and pull off ground-based and aerial combos.Wield all-new weapons designed to send the demonic spawn back to Hell.

Enjoy true-to-the-franchise character design, storytelling and cinematics, thanks to Ninja Theory and the latest performance capture technology.

Players take on the role of Dante as he uses his powers and weaponry to fight against enemies and navigate the treacherous Limbo. Like previous games in the series, Dante can perform combos by attacking with his sword, Rebellion, and shooting with his twin pistols, Ebony and Ivory. New to the series are modifiers to Dante's moveset, known as Angel Mode and Devil Mode, activated by holding down one of the trigger buttons. When in Angel mode, Dante's sword attacks change to the Osiris, a speedy scythe type weapon, whilst Devil mode uses the slower but more powerful Arbiter. These modes also alter Dante's mobility. Using Angel mode allows Dante to pull himself towards enemies and various points in each level, whilst Devil mode lets Dante pull enemies and objects towards him. Dante is also able to dash across large gaps in Angel mode. All of these moves can be used in conjunction with each other to perform massive combos, which are ranked on their style.

When enough power has been gathered, Dante can activate Devil Trigger mode, which slows down time around him, allowing him to perform more stylish attacks.

Like previous games, Dante can collect various types of souls which can be used to recover health, purchase items and upgrade Dante's moveset.

create.php?text=PRE-ORDER%20%20INCENTIVE

Click to go to each respective site's DmC: Devil May Cry pre-order page

amazonxboxps3

create.php?text=EXCLUSIVE%20BONE%20PACK%

bbxboxps3

create.php?text=EXCLUSIVE%20GOLDEN%20PAC

gsxboxps3

create.php?text=receive%20Vergil%27s%20D

create.php?text=and&name=punk%20kid.ttf&

create.php?text=Samurai%20weapons%20%2B%

capcom

create.php?text=exclusive%20dante%27s%20

create.php?text=pre-order%20%20for%20%20

steam
originimpulse

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Blabadon

create.php?text=screenshots&name=punk%20

dmc-devil-may-cry-screenshot-1.jpeg

dmc_devil_may_cry_captivate_screenshot__

2xBXe.jpg

dmc_devil_may_cry_captivate_screenshot__

create.php?text=videos&name=punk%20kid.t

create.php?text=coming%20soon&name=punk%

create.php?text=downloadable%20content%0

DmC: Devil May Cry Bloody Palace DLC will be Free Shortly After Launch

(Thanks rjdofu)

create.php?text=previews&name=punk%20kid

IGN Preview

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Blabadon

create.php?text=reviews&name=punk%20kid.

9/10 - Official Xbox Magazine

The surface changes lead to a more varied world and relatable characters, while the action itself is a benchmark for the genre.

34/40 - Famitsu Magazine

8.9/10 (360), 8.5/10 (PS3) - IGN

DmC hurls Dante into a newer, better world, complete with a glorious combat system and enough style to make old Dante proud...This is digital action at its finest, steeped in the blood of angels, spiced with gunpowder, and garnished with a middle finger.

9.5/10 - EGM

DmC is everything a reboot should be-confident, thoughtful, and brazenly unafraid to sacrifice a few sacred cows along the way. For all the backlash they've had to face, developer Ninja Theory has delivered the most polished, refreshing, and memorable hack-and-slash experience in recent memory.

9/10 - Machinima

The familiarity of the controls in combat help in welcoming DmC's distinctive art direction and new look for Dante. The attention paid to the script and narrative manages to make these intermissions worth watching, and not because of over-the-top gunplay or sword work; that's for you to control in-game.

9/10 - Game Informer

Ninja Theory stays faithful to the heart and soul of the series with this reimagining and that's what matters.

9/10 - Destructoid

A beautiful, bold, and supremely enjoyable videogame in its own right. It deserves to be praised...Action games may come deeper and harder than this, but few are as pleasurable.

8.5/10 - GameTrailers

Ninja Theory has done right by Devil May Cry, delivering a striking game that honors the series' essence while still feeling like the product of a distinct vision. If you can forgive a few excesses--like the pretty-but-toothless boss fights--you'll find that your old friend hasn't changed all that much on the inside, in spite of his new style.

8/10 - Edge Magazine

This is the best entry in its genre since Bayonetta, and might just be the best game Ninja Theory has made to date.

8/10 - Eurogamer

Ninja Theory has absolutely nailed the leading man and the combat system - by far the most important things - and DmC is clearly a labour of love, a tribute as well as a new beginning.

Current Metacritic Score (1/14/13)

Xbox 360 - 85

PS3 - 84

PC -

My hype:

AA

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#4 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Nice thread Blab. You and I will be talking to eachother a lot on here... Not many others hyping it. It's below par for DMC, but still loads better than GoW

My prediction: Gamespot 8.5

Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Yangire
Member since 2010 • 8795 Posts

Pretty good thread, expecting the game to be worse than your thread though.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Blabadon

Nice thread Blab. You and I will be talking to eachother a lot on here... Not many others hyping it.

Pikminmaniac
Funny thing is, as I did with Forza Horizon and Resident Evil 6 (which I made the hype threads for), I haven't played any game in the series before, yet somehow hype myself into the game by making these threads. Only reason I'm hyped for this is it's a hack-n-slash from a quality series. But thanks man, feel free to inform me all about the series too.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#7 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Good thread

Hype: AA

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61486 Posts

Nice thread, bro! Hyping AA.

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 OneSanitarium
Member since 2009 • 6959 Posts

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

Nice thread Blab. You and I will be talking to eachother a lot on here... Not many others hyping it.

Blabadon

Funny thing is, as I did with Forza Horizon and Resident Evil 6 (which I made the hype threads for), I haven't played any game in the series before, yet somehow hype myself into the game by making these threads. Only reason I'm hyped for this is it's a hack-n-slash from a quality series. But thanks man, feel free to inform me all about the series too.

Look up True Style Tournament 4, TST4, for DMC gameplay.

Especially Brea. She da bess at DMC4. Also watch this. And understand how technically tasking even some of the basic things in DMC4 can be, as for as advanced combat.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

Blabadon

I rather not. This new DmC will be best enjoyed by those who look at it as its own thing.That's what I'm doing and I look forward to the leaderboards. It's addictive trying to get high scores in the DmC series by keeping your moves varied, not getting hit once, and keeping your combos going. That's why it's the most fun HacknSlash out there IMHO. There's an insetive to play the games endlessly and push your skills with the battle system as far as you can.

Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Yangire
Member since 2010 • 8795 Posts

I think mods should ban any hater that enters this thread (trust me, they're coming)

Other than that, good thread

Vatusus

Why would they do that?

bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#13 bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

Like the thread. I'm not expecting the game to be good and challenging as DMC 3 but I still expect it to do well (8.0 here). Also the dialogue in the demo was laughable but since when have gamers played DMC for the characters and story?

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Blabadon

Pretty good thread, expecting the game to be worse than your thread though.

Yangire
Thanks, that seems to be the general tone of SW on it

I think mods should ban any hater that enters this thread (trust me, they're coming)

Vatusus
Thank you, but lol why?

lundy86_4
Thanks man, hyping it the same.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Nice thread Blab. You and I will be talking to eachother a lot on here... Not many others hyping it. It's below par for DMC, but still loads better than GoW

My prediction: Gamespot 8.5

Pikminmaniac

I'm curious. Why do you feel the need to diss Uncharted and GoW at any given oportunity? Even when its not called for? To stir up sh*t? Controversy? Thats kinda pointless but ok

Tropicalshower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Tropicalshower
Member since 2009 • 10813 Posts
Somewhat interested. Is there a demo coming out?
Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts

Dante_4.png

Personally I just can't wait until Capcom recovers from the decade long stupidity comma they have had and make a real game in their series. Seriously every game they make these days is lackluster or maybe I just can't accept what the industry has become.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61486 Posts

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

Blabadon

Thanks man, hyping it the same.

Safe bet. I was never hugely into DMC (though I own all of them, oddly), but i'll enjoy this for what it is. Hella fun.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Blabadon

Look up True Style Tournament 4, TST4, for DMC gameplay.

Especially Brea. She da bess at DMC4. Also watch this. And understand how technically tasking even some of the basic things in DMC4 can be, as for as advanced combat.

OneSanitarium
Will do, but holy crap, that video was beautiful, aside from the awful music.
Beautiful thread Blabadon :) As for the game, meh... probably will get AA.Desmonic
Thanks man!
]

I rather not. This new DmC will be best enjoyed by those who look at it as its own thing.That's what I'm doing and I look forward to the leaderboards. It's addictive trying to get high scores in the DmC series by keeping your moves varied, not getting hit once, and keeping your combos going. That's why it's the most fun HacknSlash out there IMHO. There's an insetive to play the games endlessly and push your skills with the battle system as far as you can.

Pikminmaniac
Fair enough, I know lots of games like that. Liking the God of War tag in your sig.
Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

AA. Not interested, especially after the demo.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Blabadon

Like the thread. I'm not expecting the game to be good and challenging as DMC 3 but I still expect it to do well (8.0 here). Also the dialogue in the demo was laughable but since when have gamers played DMC for the characters and story?

bowserjr123
Thanks man, I have yet to try out the demo.
Somewhat interested. Is there a demo coming out?Tropicalshower
Seems to be one out, yes.
archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

Somewhat interested. Is there a demo coming out?Tropicalshower

There's already one available.

@Blab: Pretty good thread, will probably be better than the game itself.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

Yangire

Why would they do that?

Because they'll ruin the thread with all the unecessary hate. Anyways lets stay on topic or this will sure attract them :D

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
Why would they do that?Yangire
Differing opinions must twist his panties up. I'm expecting a 7.5/10 at most for this game. Looking forward to it scoring less and selling nothing.
timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#25 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

Ew Donte the demun killah :c

I'm expecting the worst from the game so just maybe it can surprise me. But it's Ninja Theory so I doubt they will.

Nice hype thread btw.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Blabadon
@Blab: Pretty good thread, will probably be better than the game itself.archvile_78
Thanks dude, that second part always makes me chuckle a little. Just remembered, forgot to add a poll.
Tropicalshower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Tropicalshower

[QUOTE="Tropicalshower"]Somewhat interested. Is there a demo coming out?archvile_78

There's already one available.

@Blab: Pretty good thread, will probably be better than the game itself.

:D will try it soon.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

lundy86_4
My words exactly. It's good to know someone else is at least excited. Well put together thread my friend!
Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Thefatness16

[QUOTE="Yangire"]Why would they do that?Zeviander
Differing opinions must twist his panties up. I'm expecting a 7.5/10 at most for this game. Looking forward to it scoring less and selling nothing.

Weirdly enough, the game has like 5 reviews from major review outlets above 9.0, and nothing below 89. The change looks to be well received by critics, sadly.

Looks like we'll never see another Hideaki Itsuno directed DmC game again.

AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AcidSoldner
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts

Nice thread; hyping it AA.

I've been with the series since DMC1 and sometimes I feel like I'm the only series fan on this board that's looking forward to DmC.

Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Thefatness16

[QUOTE="Thefatness16"]

Weirdly enough, the game has like 5 reviews from major review outlets above 9.0, and nothing below 89. The change looks to be well received by critics, sadly.

Slashkice

If it does well, Capcom will think people like the new direction. If it bombs, Capcom will think no one cares about DMC anymore.

Honestly I think the DMC games of old had their fate sealed the moment DmC was announced.

Seems so.

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#34 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts
Nice thread blab. Famitsu gave it a 34/40, you should include that. Also, Gamesmaster gave it 89. My hype's A. Looks meh, though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Nice thread; hyping it AAE. I've been with the series since DMC1 and sometimes I feel like I'm the only series fan on this board that's looking forward to DmC.AcidSoldner

AAE? typo? :P

Anyways, you're not the only old DMC fan looking forward to this game. I'm one also. Yes, I can see why some would be upset about the new gameplay but if they want old DMC just play old DMC, no one is stopping them. This one feels like fresh air that the series was desperately in need. When I played DMC4 I couldnt help but feel disappontment after such masterpiece that is DMC3. Nero was the true emo in the series. Way more emo than the new dante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

[QUOTE="Thefatness16"]

Slashkice

If it does well, Capcom will think people like the new direction. If it bombs, Capcom will think no one cares about DMC anymore.

Honestly I think the DMC games of old had their fate sealed the moment DmC was announced.

Thats just not true.

After all the hate this game got I'm pretty sure if the game bombs they'll know it was because of the fans rage. Wait untill all get their panties up when Capcom announces DMC5 in contribution with Platinum Games so that all the fans get gaga over it. The moment a japanese gameplay heavy game was announced as outsourced to a western dev it was doomed to get hate. People were already hating the game with one fvckin teaser with no gameplay at all.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Blabadon
I don't want to spam, so thanks everyone!
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52429 Posts
Oppa Dante Style Nice thread Blab. You're becoming better at this. AA is what I'm going for. I'll pick it up after a price drop.
Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 3040 Posts
Great thread TC, i hype AA i did enjoy the demo and will get sooner rather than later.
hexashadow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 hexashadow13
Member since 2010 • 5157 Posts
I hope this flops in both scores and sales. It would have no positive effects really, but it would be emotionally satisfying. :(
Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#41 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

Below A. I despise Capcom.For me, they're somewhere between a cockroach and that white stuff that accumulates at the corner of your mouth when you're really thirsty.

Clock-w0rk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Clock-w0rk
Member since 2012 • 3378 Posts

Awesome thread, sh*t game, disgusting dev (Tameemi Antoniades), even worse publisher.

EPaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 EPaul
Member since 2006 • 9917 Posts

Excellent Hype thread =, my hype is AA this game is getting alot of un-warranted hate i believe.

Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#45 Lucky_Krystal
Member since 2011 • 1390 Posts

I'm more interested in seeing what everyone thinks of the final product more than playing the game. :P

AA for me.

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts
Damn good hype thread, brah. Can't wait to get it. It's been getting a lot of goid reviews. Hell GI gave it a 9. I guess that means GS is gonna hate it.
Tropicalshower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Tropicalshower
Tried the demo... don't see the big deal. It's pretty fun, and I like the new design better.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

Imma say A. I have a feeling this dante may rub some reviewers the wrong way.

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
Thread better than game, confirmed.
Tropicalshower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Tropicalshower

Imma say A. I have a feeling this dante may rub some reviewers the wrong way.

finalfantasy94

Wooo!!! :P